Skip to main content

Denny's Desires

"Well, let's examine both cases," the master jests, inviting an air of lightheartedness into the intensity forming around them. "If you were to be me, then I would have to be someone else," the zen master expresses with sincerity, despite the apparent silliness in his flawed logic. "Do you agree with me?"

Denny, unclear if he should laugh or learn, responds earnestly, "I do not agree master. A student needs someone to look up to as a leader or idol or someone to follow."

"Who then should I follow?" the master inquires. The student shakes his head in response. Zen Chen continues, "I am a student, and I always will be. I never thought of myself as a great teacher nor a master of existence. I simply am and constantly remind myself of that to ensure that I am never more than just what I am."

"I don't understand master. Aren't you teaching me the knowledge that you have?" The student expresses apparent confusion as he continues, "I am your student, right?"

"Mind your tone with me," the master warns. He pauses the comedy, slowing his stride along the paved pathway towards the queen's royal court. Zen Chen nods silently in contemplation as the student watches his master ponder the answer being prepared. Zen Chen caresses the bottom of his chin with the inside of his index finger, as he stares off into emptiness, still nodding gently, contemplating how best to formulate an appropriate response.

The student stands aside in silence.

"I think it would be better to say I am your guide than your master or teacher. Those who do not strive to become aware of their zen nature in this lifetime, which of course is what I hope you are seeking in your studies here with me as your guide, will always be amazed by the display of a zen master's abilities, as if supernatural. You, who is striving for that enlightenment, may one day surpass my popularity in this kingdom with your own zen abilities that even I might find impressive. There will come a time when all you have learned suddenly merges together as if tiny pieces being drawn together like magnets and fitting perfectly to display the big picture of this seemingly impossible puzzle of our existence." Zen Chen's word selection requires such careful consideration, he loses track of his student's receptiveness. He gauges Denny's comprehension by asking, "Did I explain that clearly?"

"Yes master," the student replies, lowering his head in contemplation of Zen Chen's response.

"Then why did you just say master again?"

Denny does not answer. The question lingers in the air as Denny's gaze at the ground of the path ahead envelopes his senses. He raises his focus as the words of his master begin to absorb into his mind. "I couldn't think of another way to address you. I am used to saying that. I suppose it is from years of conditioning," he responds emphasizing the important role Zen Chen has served in his training and life over the years.

"I understand," Zen Chen responds, and then offers his student a piece of additional advice for his mind to digest, "The next great milestone in your training will occur after you come to realize no other living being can claim to be your master. As that time draws nearer, you will come to feel your senses very strongly, along with any emotions you are carrying along this path."


"How do I rid myself of the emotions?" Denny asks. (Link coming soon)


"How do I sharpen my senses?" Denny asks. (link coming soon)

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Market

Dark Market Once upon a time, and that time is now. Shen do Shen owns a small business in the dark market, which he keeps hidden in the back room of a legitimate business in the royal marketplace. The front business, also known as just a front, is a dry cleaning store. In the back room, Shen sells various spices as a luxury commodity to the wealthier class of citizens in the kingdom. Today is a special occasion for which the dry cleaner's store is closed and no visitors are permitted into the back market. The king has requested a visit a few days ago to purchase spice. Aside from the fact that the king wants the store to himself because he is very busy and doesn't have time to get tangled up in long lines at a busy market, Shen knows the king will purchase a large quantity of spice. So Shen can afford to close the market for one day and still earn a day's worth of profits just from what the king will spend. "Your majesty, to what do I owe this pleasure?" Sh

Hob v Gob (Hidden Beginning)

Welcome to Goblin's Hidden Game. In this puzzle, you have to decode the hidden meaning of the words spoken with a thick accent that makes it sound like other words were spoken instead. Click the links (...) at the end of the coded sentences to play. Scroll down to the bottom to see if you guessed right on any given puzzle set. The answers appear in the story after each play. My responses to Hob are hints at what he was trying to say. The best part is after you finish the puzzle, you can start over, and they'll still be just as difficult to solve. Difficulty ratings are provided. Even I can't figure them all out, and I'm the one who wrote them, so hopefully you'll enjoy the challenge... Goblin's Grammar help " Juan's supper knit, I'm dare! Wassup? Bee gain hand? ... " he says. L1 "Right? Beginning... go on..." I answer. " Hand edge; jostle happy! inn satay Miss now ... " he continues. L2 "Okay? Rig

111 Semicolons (English)

Home >> Grammar Style Guide >> Semicolons Understanding Semicolons Semicolons have a number of useful reasons to be included in a sentence or paragraph. Where colons can be useful outside of sentence structures, semicolons are typically limited to separating text in paragraphs or similar constructs. You may think semicolons are the halfway point between commas and colons, and in some respects, that assumption wouldn't be far from the truth. Where a comma offers a pause and a colon introduces something, a semicolon can be considered a halfway point between these two attributes. However, a semicolon adds value to a sentence with its own merits. At times, only a semicolon can offer the clear interpretation of text intended to be set off in a manner that other punctuation might not be able to achieve as precisely and clearly. Using a semicolon in a sentence may not be as forgiving as a misplaced comma or period , so special consideration should be taken before tr