Daniella and the Goose

"Good morning Daniella," said the happy goose.

"How did I get here?" Daniella replied. She could see she wasn't home, because there were geese everywhere.

"You were walking in your sleep young girl," explained the goose, "you even told me your name before falling asleep in that bed you're in now."

"But I have to go home. My parents will worry," Daniella said.

"Very well," said the goose, "but first you must eat a healthy breakfast. I can't return you home to your parents on an empty stomach, can I? What would they think of geese everywhere? Probably no manners, of course."

"Well if you insist, I am rather hungry," Daniella said, "how about some bacon and pancakes?"

"I can't feed you that," explained the goose, "I'm just a goose. All I have are goose eggs."

"What's a goose egg?" Asked Daniella.

"Goose eggs are the eggs that geese lay," explained the goose.

"Are they tasty like regular eggs?" Daniella asked.

"Well, that depends on what you consider regular eggs," the goose explained, "to me, goose eggs are regular eggs. To you, whatever eggs you eat regularly would be regular eggs to you. So what eggs do you eat regularly?"

"I think my mom feeds me chicken eggs regularly," answered Daniella.

"Well goose eggs are better than chicken eggs," the goose replied.

"Why?" Daniella asked.

"Well, first of all, geese are cleaner animals than chickens," explained the goose.

"They are?" Daniella asked.

"Yes, and secondly, geese eggs are larger than chicken eggs," the goose continues.

"Why does that matter?" Daniella asked.

"Well, because you can't have magic eggs with small chicken eggs. Only goose eggs can be magical," the goose explained.

"Goose eggs are magical?" Daniella asked.

"Not all goose eggs are magical, but some are yes," the goose said, "would you like to have a magical egg for breakfast?"

"Very much so yes," Daniella said.

"Very well," the goose replied. The goose then laid a magic egg that glowed brightly even in the daylight.

"That looks like a magic egg," Daniella admitted.

"It is a magic egg," the goose reassured her. The goose then cooked the egg sunny-side up with magic sprinkles added after it was done. Daniella ate the magic egg and was ready to return home.

"I'm ready to go home now," Daniella said.

"Well that could be a problem," the goose admitted.

"Why is it a problem?" Daniella asked.

"Because I found you in the woods sleepwalking. I don't know where your home is," the goose explained.

"I don't know either because I don't know where I am now," Daniella said.

"Well, your in my home," the goose replied, "and I live in the southern swamp of the forbidden forest."
"Oh," Daniella said, "that's easy. We're not too far from my house. I live south of the southern swamp in the small village outside the forest."

"Wonderful," said the goose, "then it's time we flew back to your house."

"I can't fly," Daniella admitted.

"What do you mean, you can't fly?" The goose asked.

"I'm human," Daniella explained, "we can't fly."

"Well then I shall carry you under my wings back to your house," the goose offered. The goose lifted Daniella up under her wing and flew her back home to the village just south of the southern swamp.


Return to the Fantasy Papoose menu or the Main menu.